Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Style research

From a style standpoint I think I need something friendly, "green", maybe natural, environmental and visually beautiful. I found these examples. Right now I am thinking about basing the project primarily on illustration, but we'll see.








4 comments:

Emma Frischmuth said...

I like the "feed your roots" poster. Very cool use of textures.

Alex Cornell said...

Vineta, I like you visual references as well. You mentioned you might try something with illustration and it got me wondering, what is it that attracts you to illustration based design? I noticed much of you other work is also illustration centric. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I am just curious to hear what it is about it that intrigues you.

Leigh said...

I also like the visual references that you chose. They do remind me of the reread bookmark series you did. I think if you put a cool spin on the illustrations it is going to turn out great.

Vineta Grube said...

I love illustration because they are so hard to do, take a lot of effort and at the end you get something that is totally yours.
Photography is a great thing but when I use pictures, I feel like I am depending on the image too much and there is not a lot of design involved in making the completed design (unless the image is very layered).